IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THIS PROGRAM EXTRACTION: “FakeNet” End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between You and the Copyright holders of the Book “Practical Malware Analysis” for the software product(s) “FakeNet” (referred to herein as “SOFTWARE PRODUCT”) which may include associated software components, media, and “online” or electronic documentation. By installing or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, You agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA, which represents the entire agreement concerning the program between You (also referred to as “End-User”) and the Copyright holders of the Book “Practical Malware Analysis”, (referred to herein as “Licensor”). Download, extraction, installation, or use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT constitutes acceptance of these terms and/or agreement that they are binding on You. Licensor reserves all rights not expressly granted to You.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold. This license granted to You for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT by Licensor is limited to a non-transferable license to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on any computer that You own or control. This license does not allow You to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on any computer that You do not own or control, and You may not distribute or make the SOFTWARE PRODUCT available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this EULA), modify, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE: (a) Installation and Use – Licensor grants You the right to install and use copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on Your computer running a validly licensed copy of the operating system for which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT was designed [e.g., Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.]
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS: (a) Maintenance of Copyright Notices – The End-User agrees to not remove or alter any copyright notices on any and all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. (b) Distribution – The End-User agrees to not redistribute copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to third parties. (c) Support Services – Licensor does not provide any support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. (d) Compliance with Applicable Laws – The End-User agrees to comply with all applicable federal, state, local, local country, and international agreements/treaties/laws regarding use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. (e) Modification – Modifications must not be made to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. By downloading, extracting, and installing the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, the end-user agrees that they will not modify the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. (f) Educational Purposes Only – The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is meant for use with learning in conjunction with the “Practical Malware Analysis” book for educational purposes only. The End-User agrees to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for educational purposes only.
3. TERMINATION: The EULA is effective until terminated by You or Licensor. Your rights under this license will terminate automatically without notice from Licensor if You fail to comply with any term(s) of this EULA. Upon termination of the license, You shall cease all use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: You agree that the SOFTWARE PRODUCT contains proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that You will not use such proprietary content, information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. This EULA grants You no intellectual property rights.
5. NO WARRANTIES: To the extent not prohibited by law, Licensor expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is provided ‘As Is’ without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness of a particular purpose. Licensor does not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. Licensor makes no warranties respecting any harm that may be caused by the transmission of a computer virus, worm, time bomb, logic bomb, or other such computer program. Licensor further expressly disclaims any warranty or representation to Authorized Users or to any third party.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event shall Licensor be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, or lost information) rising out of Your use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will Licensor be liable for loss of data or for indirect, special, incidental, consequential (including lost profit), or other damages based in contract, tort or otherwise. Licensor shall have no liability with respect to the content of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any part thereof, including but not limited to errors or omissions contained therein, libel, infringements of rights of publicity, privacy, trademark rights, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, moral rights or the disclosure of confidential information.
7. APPLICABLE LAW: (a) United States – If You acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. (b) Outside the United States – If You acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.